Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's funny....

... how sometimes I can write a post and then the very next day see something SO relevant. Usually I don't add it, but today I thought I would...

.I was on the train reading the Sunday Times supplement (yeh, I know it's Thursday but this is the first chance I've had to read them, and that's only because I remembered to pack them in my work bag ...), specifically the Travel section and there was a feature on hip areas in cities. My eyes, of course, searched for French cities and, of course, there was Paris. The relevance here is that they spoke of 'BoBos'... 'What is a Bobo?', I hear you cry. Well, when I was in France in 1994. a 'bobo' was a little cut on my french friend's son's knee. eg 'Tu t'as fait un bobo?' Now, apparently, it means 'Bourgeois Bohemian', cool eh ? What had I called it ? Oh yeh, 'City Hippy'. I found another term, this was 'Urban Hipster' - far more 'London-ish'.

So, when in London I will be an 'Urban Hipster' and when at Labour of Love, I can be a 'Bobo' - although when there I am more 'bo' than 'bo'.. if you know what I mean...

Nameste friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !