Saturday, March 27, 2010

Quiche a la Tomate, Nicoise

Today I was going to cook Lamb Kofte after seeing a recipe in the book called 'Remarkable Feasts' by Leslie Forbes which I got recently in a charity store... Instead I decided to cook a recipe from the freebie book that I got with my Julie and Julia DVD. It's called Quiche a la tomate, Nicoise, and is taken from Mastering the Art of French cooking by Julia Child.

I had most of the ingredients and it sounded pretty yum, so I thought 'Why not?'. It was quite nice, Biscuit Boy and Jaffa Cake had it too with a nice green salad. As it's a quiche with pastry you don't need any extra starch with it. This was followed by chocolate trifle (not homemade) but yum all the same...

Although, I am wondering if this was made with fairtrade chocolate ? I guess not. At the moment, I am trying to boycott all chocolate that is not fairtrade as I do no want to support those organizations which have no idea of the origins of their cocoa. Chances are it was harvested by children who have either been trafficked, or whose parents are so poor they have no choice but to put their children to work and keep them out of school.

I would happily pay more for 'chocolate with a conscience'.....
i

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment !