Cupcake and I bought a lovely little recipe book (for our growing collection.. ) called 'Doggie Biscuits' the other day, and from it we made a recipe called 'Bonnie's Banana Biscuits'. They are from the 'Healthy Bites' section of the book, and unlike the other recipes, do not contain any meat. My dog (Dd-Dusty Dog) eats meat, of course, but I didn't like the thought of smelly fish-based, or liver-based biscuits hanging around the kitchen for three weeks..
Here's the recipe, it's mega easy and Dd loves them.
200g all-purpose flour (I used plain flour)
100g fine rolled oats (I used an oat/bran mix)
50ml sunflower oil
Water as needed
Preheat the oven to 180 deg.
1. Grate the carrots and mash the banana.
2. Add the flour, rolled oats and oil to the above and mix to make a dough.
3. Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick. We then got out the various cutters and made all sorts of fun shapes - see the photo. The recipe states to cut them into squares of 4cm in size.
4. Whatever shape you make, bake them in the oven for 25 minutes approximately.
5. After this time, turn off the heat and let them cool overnight in the oven.
6. Store in a paper or linen bag - mine are in a glass jar.
The biscuits will last for about three weeks.
I hope your pampered pooch enjoys them!
Here's my little Dd ready for bed.