Biscuit Boy and Cupcake made this last night, and it was yum ! They also made me sea bream cooked with garllic and chillies, roasted new potatoes and we harvested some of the home-grown purple sprouting broccoli. It was a veritable feast, and I was truly spoiled.
175gr chocolate (dark, plain chocolate)
4 eggs (medium)
1 tbsp of your liqueur of choice (eg Amarreto, Cointreau etc.)
1. Separate the eggs. Lightly beat the egg yolks.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water (or in the microwave), and once cooled stir in the egg yolks.
Add the liqueur now, if you are using it, we kept ours alcohol-free this time.
3. Whilst the chocolate is melting, whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Spoon into your desired receptacle(s). We used ramekin dishes.
6. Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes.
7. Eat with wild abandon.
NOTE: This recipe contains raw eggs. If you are pregnant or have an otherwise compromised immune system, then avoid raw eggs.